The summer holidays have come to an end and school is back in full swing and that means school lunches. It can be hard to come up with new, exciting and healthy lunches that your kids will actually eat, but we have plenty of tips and ideas to make the start of the new school year as easy and delicious as possible.
The first step is finding the perfect lunchbox, one that will help guide you to packing healthy hassle-free lunches.
Yumbox is a kid-friendly, bento-style lunch box made with high quality, super durable, BPA-free, food-safe materials that can accommodate a variety of foods, while sealing each compartment perfectly with a leak proof lid.
Now... what to pack in your Yumbox?
The creators of the Yumbox were inspired by a diet based on simplicity, moderation and balance between, protein, grains, dairy, fruit and veggies. This is made easy with the pre-portioned illustrated tray in the Yumbox and made even easier with the following lunch box meal ideas.
- Sushi rolls, rice paper rolls, sandwiches or wraps made with meat and salad are all
great sources of grains, protein and veggies.
- Cherry tomatoes and carrot, cucumber or capsicum sticks are another popular and
easy source of veggies.
- Grapes and berries are a tasty source of fruit that stay nice and fresh.
- Cheese cubes, yoghurt and dips are a delicious source of dairy for kids growing
- Popcorn, pasta salad, olives, boiled eggs and baked pretzels are other snack ideas
that will get gobbled up by little mouths.
Hopefully with these tips the lunch making will be easier, the Yumbox will come home empty and the kids tummies full.